Saturday 4 December 2010

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace (2004) is a British comedy show made for Channel 4. The show revolves around fictional horror author Garth Marenghi and his publisher Dean Learner. Darkplace is presented as a lost classic: a television series produced in the 1980s, though never broadcast at the time. Darkplace's fictional show-within-a-show includes deliberately poor production and special effects, sub-par acting, and storylines that are severely flawed and open-ended.

Features Mighty Boosh's Noel Fielding and Julian Barrat.

I, got a script, read it. Scared me senseless, comme d'habitudes. And I said to Garth, I looked straight into his face, I've never been afraid of holding a man's gaze - it's natural. I said: "This is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap."


Torrent

The doors of Darkplace were open. Not the literal doors of the building, most of which were closed. But evil doors. Dark doors. Doors, to the beyond. Doors that were hard to shut because they were abstract and didn't have handles.

No comments: