Tuesday 21 September 2010

Tight pants force all the blood to my heart

The Funeral (1996) ★

This is a pretty incredible film. In the sense that someone managed to make such an awful piece of shit with the cast at hand (Vincent Gallo, Christopher Walken, Benicio del Toro and a couple of guys from the Sopranos). Just unbelievable. I checked what the director had been up to after this film, surprisingly not much.. If you want to see an example how not to direct, or mainly to cut a film, watch this.



Torrent for the Funeral.

Music and Lyrics (2007) ★★

I'm probably giving this one a star too much but I think it's mainly because of the Funeral above which fucked up my grading system. At least I had no expectations for a Hugh Grant romantic comedy which, to make things worse, I watched alone in my cabin on the way from Stockholm to Turku. (Can I say on the way if I'm on a boat?) Perhaps all the cheese on board made me immune to Hugh Grant.



The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008) ★★★★

Have to say that I'm a sucker for this kind of fictional life story films (Forrest Gump, Big Fish.. can you recommend others?) so I understand if you don't agree with my generous amount of stars.

Cate Blanchett ♥

No comments: